Can't make it to New Orleans for Mardi Gras? Here's the next best thing! Our chicken jambalaya combines all of the flavor sensations of the classic Creole dish, with a healthier nutrition profile. Bon appétit, y'all!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) tomatoes, chopped, drained, reserving liquid
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked, converted rice
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 8 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. In 4-quart saucepan, place onions, green pepper, chicken broth, tomato liquid, tomato sauce and seasonings. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomatoes, rice, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and turkey sausage. Cover pan and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil. Stir in chicken. Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until moisture is absorbed and rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove bay leaf and stir in parsley. Serve hot.