Made with pineapple-orange juice concentrate, curry powder and coconut, the crunchy coating on this baked chicken conjures up images of the tropics.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (with or without skin), rinsed and dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple-orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1. Place chicken in single layer in shallow dish. Sprinkle with salt. Stir
together egg and juice concentrate. Pour over chicken. Cover and chill
at least 1 hour, turning pieces several times.
2. Place KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal crumbs in shallow dish or
pan. Stir in coconut and curry powder. Drain chicken pieces slightly.
Coat with cereal mixture. Place in single layer, skin side up, in shallow
baking pan, coated with cooking spray or foil-lined. Drizzle with margarine.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no longer
pink and juices run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking. Serve hot.