Chicken Enchilada Soup
Reminiscent of wonderful, cheesy chicken enchiladas hot from the oven, this entrée combines those classic flavors in a soup that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal (finely crushed to 1 cup) Buy Now
- 2 cups shredded, cooked, rotisserie chicken (about 8 oz.)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz.) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chile peppers
- 4 ounces American cheese, cut up
- Keebler® Club® Original crackers Buy Now
1. In a Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic in butter over medium-high heat until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in broth and KELLOGG’S CORN FLAKES cereal. Bring to boiling. Stir in chicken, undrained tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and chile peppers. Return to boiling. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in cheese, half at a time, until melted. Ladle into bowls. Serve with KEEBLER CLUB Original crackers.