The crispy coating on this oven-baked chicken contains hints of bourbon and ginger.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 30 minutes
- 3 pounds chicken pieces, rinsed and dried
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 6 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1. Place chicken in single layer in shallow dish. In small mixing bowl, stir
together water, oil, whiskey, parsley, ginger and lemon juice. Pour over
chicken. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, turning pieces several times.
Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
2. Measure KELLOGG'S Corn Flake Crumbs into shallow dish or pan. Stir in salt
and garlic salt. Set aside.
3. In small mixing bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in reserved marinade. Add
flour, mixing until smooth. Dip chicken in batter and coat with Crumbs mixture.
Place in single layer, skin side up, shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with margarine.
4. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking. Serve hot.