Which part is your favorite? The flaky pastry? The juicy chicken? The fragrant sage, walnut and pimiento stuffing? Or the rich, creamy mushroom sauce? We can't decide either. Fortunately, you don't have to – they're all here in this one elegant-enough-for-guests entrée. Serve with a green salad, dressed with a refreshing vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 5 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal,
2 tablespoons of the nuts, pepper, sage, thyme, 3 tablespoons of the melted
margarine, lemon juice, onion, pimiento and chicken. Mix well. Set aside for filling.
2. Crush the remaining 3/4 cup cereal to coarse crumbs and mix with the remaining
2 tablespoons nuts. Set aside for coating.
3. Separate dinner rolls dough into 4 squares (2 triangles each). Firmly press
perforations to seal. Place about 1/3 cup filling in center of each square. Gather
corners together, pinching to seal. Brush bundles with the remaining 2 tablespoons
melted margarine. Roll in the coating mixture, adding additional cereal, if needed.
Place on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned and pastry is done. Serve
with Creamy Mushroom Sauce, if desired.
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
2/3 cup milk
1 jar (2 1/2 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
In 1-quart saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and parsley flakes. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in mushrooms. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Stir in sour cream. Cook until heated through. Do not boil.