Chewy Chai Cookies
Aromatic chai tea combines the flavors of tea and milk with cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and pepper.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 30 (2 cookies each)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant chai tea latte mix
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons instant chai tea latte mix or colored decorating sugar (optional)
1. In large bowl stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter, shortening, sugar and 3 tablespoons tea mix on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Add KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal and flour mixture, mixing until combined.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in 2 tablespoons tea mix, if desired. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375°F about 7 minutes or until light brown. Let stand on baking sheets for 1 minute. Remove and cool on wire racks.