Cherry Struesel Bars
With a sweet layer of cherry preserves sandwiched between two layers of All-Bran® cereal streusel, these bars make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. Serve warm or room at temperature with a tall glass of ice-cold milk (whether the kids are home or not).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. Combine KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal, flour, brown sugar,
salt, and cinnamon in large mixing bowl. Using pastry blender, cut in
margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in water. Mixture will
be crumbly. Remove 1 cup mixture and set aside for topping.
2. With back of spoon, press remaining mixture into bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch
baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread preserves evenly over cereal
mixture. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
3. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
completely. Dust with powdered sugar.