Cherry Rum Cookies
These festive, cherry-topped cookies make a colorful addition to holiday cookie trays.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 10-12 maraschino cherries, cut into quarters
1. Stir together 1 cup of the KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal, flour, baking
powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
egg and rum flavoring. Beat well. Add dry ingredients. Mix well.
3. Shape dough using rounded measuring-teaspoon into balls. Roll in remaining
cereal. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Top each cookie with cherry
quarter. Bake at 375° F about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
immediately from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight