Topped with a sweet, cinnamon-powdered sugar glaze, these indulgent, moist muffins are punctuated with tart cherries.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (6 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) sliced pears, in own juice
- 1 quart (4 ounces) Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 3 each egg white, large
- 2 tablespoons (1 fl. ounce) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) dried tart cherries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon 2 teaspoons (4/5 fl. ounce) water or pear liquid
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Drain pears, reserving liquid. Place pears, KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, egg whites, oil, and 3/4 cup of the pear liquid in food processor bowl. Using metal blade, process mixture about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add pear mixture and cherries to flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and drizzle with mixture of powdered sugar, 5 teaspoons of pear liquid or water and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: 12 muffins