Cherry Dot Cookies
These tender cookies, packed with dates and maraschino cherries, make a pretty gift for a special friend.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 2 each eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons (1 fl. ounce) fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chopped nuts, mixed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) finely chopped, pitted dates
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 2/3 cups (2 2/3 ounces) Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/3 cups (2 2/3 ounces) Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 15 each (3 ounces) maraschino cherries, cut into quarters
1. In mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Beat well. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture, combining thoroughly. Stir in nuts, dates and the 1/3 cup cherries.
3. Portion dough using level tablespoon. Shape into balls. Roll in crushed KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal or KELLOGG'S Corn Flake crumbs. Place about 2-inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Top each cookie with cherry quarter.
4. Bake at 350° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove immediately from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in