Cherry Coffee Ring
The perfect holiday wreath has nothing to do with pine needles! This delightfully colorful coffeecake, baked into a wreath shape and studded with raisins and maraschino cherries, is a delicious way to brighten your holiday table. Feliz Navidad!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup instant dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup finely cut, maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and water. Let stand
about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg. Beat well.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and instant dry milk. Add to cereal
mixture together with cherries and raisins, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly
in 8 1/4-inch ring mold coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 375° F about 35 minutes. Remove from mold, turning upside down
on serving plate. Frost immediately with powdered sugar icing and decorate with
additional cherries and raisins, if desired.