Cherry-Cinnamon Coffee Ring
A treat for your taste buds and for the rest of you as well. Pecans, cinnamon and dried cherries add spark to this scrumptious and pretty All-Bran® cereal Bundt cake. Serve it with clotted cream for an elegant afternoon tea (no need to tell your guests that each serving has 24% of their recommended daily fiber intake)!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided (optional)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, coarsely chopped
1. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the pecans (if desired) in 10-inch fluted tube pan generously coated with cooking spray. In small bowl stir together remaining 1/2 cup pecans (if desired), 1/3 cup of the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl stir together eggs, yogurt, KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal and vanilla. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl stir together flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir 1 cup of the batter into cinnamon mixture. Fold cherries into remaining batter.
5. Spoon half of cherry batter into pan. Dollop cinnamon mixture on top. Gently spread remaining cherry batter over cinnamon mixture. Bake at 325º F for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.