A light sifting of powdered sugar over the top of these maraschino-cherry-studded bars is a tasty alternative to frosting.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, oil and egg whites. Beat well.
Stir in KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, cherries and cherry juice. Add
flour mixture, stirring until combined. Spread evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking
pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds.
3. Bake at 350° about 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. Cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Store tightly covered.