Chef John's Deviled Shrimp Dip
This tongue-tingling spread gets it spirited flavor from luscious shrimp, roasted red peppers, anise-like-flavored tarragon and pungent paprika.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 pound frozen medium shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika or paprika
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Slivered green onions (optional)
- Keebler® Town House® Flipsides® Original crackers Buy Now
1. In large saucepan cook shrimp in boiling, lightly salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels. Finely chop shrimp.
2. In medium bowl stir together shrimp, sour cream, mayonnaise, red peppers, the 1/4 cup green onions, tarragon, lemon juice, lemon peel, paprika and red pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
3. Garnish shrimp mixture with slivered green onions (if desired). Serve with KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE FLIPSIDES Original crackers.
Recipe developed by Chef John Mitzewich.