Chef Carlos Guia's Cranberry and Pistachio Holiday Toppers
A simple relish of dried cranberries and pistachio nuts melds with cream cheese in this cracker topping.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened*
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts, toasted**
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In small saucepan combine cranberries, white grape juice and honey. Bring to a simmer. Cook about 5 minutes or until cranberries are plump. Cool to room temperature.
2. In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add half of the cranberry mixture, half of the pistachios, parsley, salt and pepper. Beat until combined.
3. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto crackers. Top with remaining cranberry mixture and remaining pistachios.
*NOTE: Soften in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.
**NOTE: To toast nuts spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.