A light coating of cracker crumbs adds extra flavor and a slightly, crisp crust to these appetizer meatballs. Serve them with your choice of sauces.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Sunshine® Cheez-It® Italian Four Cheese crackers (crushed to 1 cup), divided Buy Now
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar, mozzarella or provolone cheese (optional)
- 1 cup marinara sauce, pizza sauce or barbecue sauce, warmed
1. In large bowl combine egg, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT Italian Four Cheese crackers. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape mixture into twenty-four 1 1/4-inch meatballs.
2. Place the remaining 1/2 cup crushed crackers in shallow dish. Roll meatballs in crumbs. Place meatballs in 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° F for 16 to 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball registers 160° F. Sprinkle meatballs with cheese (if desired). Return cheese-topped meatballs to oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts (if desired).
3. Serve meatballs with marinara sauce.