Cheesy Sautéed Onion Burgers made with Worthington® FriPats®
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup very thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard or Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Gruyére cheese or Swiss cheese
1. Cook onion in hot margarine in nonstick frypan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 14 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in caraway seed, if desired.
2. Meanwhile, place patties on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. Turn patties. Bake 7 minutes more. Spread mustard on top of patties. Top with cheese. Bake for 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese melts.
3. Spoon onions over top of patties.
This recipe slowly sautés the onion to intensify the flavors of its natural sugars. Watch the onion carefully and stir frequently to avoid burning and off flavors.