Cheesy Potluck Casserole
Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal add a crunchy topping to this cheesy, rice- and ham-casserole.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cups (8 oz.) chopped American cheese
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
1. Combine the 2 tablespoons margarine with the paprika and KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Set aside for topping.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt the 3 tablespoons margarine over low heat. Stir in flour and pepper. Add milk and onion stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in rice, parsley and ham. Pour into shallow 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cereal mixture evenly over top.
3. Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Serve hot.
1 cup cooked chicken, tuna or turkey may be substituted for the ham.