Cheesy Party Bread
You choose—either Swiss or cheddar cheese and either olives or bacon—no matter which choices you make, this cheese-stuffed bread is sure to become favorite party fare.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 round loaf ( 1 1/2 lb.) sourdough bread or rustic Italian bread
- 1 pound thickly sliced Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted and finely chopped ripe olives or fully-cooked, real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
1. Crosswise cut bread into 1-inch slices to within 1/2 inch of bottom of loaf. Vertically slice bread at 1-inch intervals, cutting to within 1/2 inch of bottom of loaf.
2. Cut cheese slices into small pieces. Place in cuts. Sprinkle olives or bacon bits in cuts.
3. In small bowl stir together butter and mustard. (Mixture may look curdled.) Stir in green onions. Drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until cheese melts.