Cheesy Barbecued Meatballs
A new take on comfort food. Cheese and beef meatballs in a tangy barbecue sauce. Serve them as an appetizer or on top of noodles for a main course.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Crush KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal slightly in medium mixing
bowl. Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well. Let stand about 5
minutes or until cereal softens.
2. Add beef and cheese, mixing until combined. Shape into 1-inch
meatballs. Place in single layer in shallow baking pan coated with
3. Bake at 400° F about 10 minutes or until done (160 degrees F). Remove from oven and immediately loosen meatballs from pan.
4. To make sauce, combine remaining ingredients in 2-quart saucepan.
Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Add meatballs and cook uncovered for 15 minutes. Serve hot as an appetizer or over rice or noodles.