Cheesy Apple-Cinnamon Bread
Sweet and savory and spicy – all baked into a single moist and hearty loaf! Make this crowd-pleasing bread in the autumn, when the first new apples come to market. Pair it with cold chicken and potato salad for a perfect early autumn picnic.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium apple, chopped
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens. Add eggs and oil. Beat well. Stir in cheese and apple. Add
flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan
coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before