Cheese-Tomato Egg Pie
Tomatoes and hard-cooked eggs turn these crackers into an entrée.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups
- 1 small tomato, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, hard cooked
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Use butter to generously grease 9-inch round pie plate. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT Original cracker crumbs over bottom. Place tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with chives, parsley and pepper.
2. Crosswise slice hard-cooked eggs. Layer on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining crackers.
3. In medium bowl whisk together 3 slightly beaten eggs, milk, flour and salt. Pour over all. Bake at 325°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve.