Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
Stuffed with spinach and three kinds of cheese, these pasta shells make a delicious winter dinner.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 18 dried jumbo pasta shells
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups
- 2 cups marinara sauce
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well. Place spinach in colander. Use back of spoon to press liquid out of spinach.
2. In medium bowl stir together spinach and egg. Stir in ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, oregano, pepper and garlic. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each pasta shell. Arrange in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles over pasta shells. Pour marinara sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Tightly cover with foil.
4. Bake, covered, at 350° F for 50 minutes. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F about 10 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.