Looking for a simple and savory cocktail nosh? Try these pretty pinwheels at your next party. We promise that they'll look lovely on your hors d'oeuvres tray – but not for long!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Using pastry
blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
2. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens. Add to flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn dough
out on lightly floured board and knead gently about 5 times. Roll into 12 x 8-inch
rectangle. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Roll in jelly roll fashion starting with widest
side. Cut into 1 inch slices. Place cut side down on baking sheet covered with foil,
coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 450° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and