Everyone's favorite biscuit! Buttermilk and extra-sharp cheddar (or parmesan) give these tasty biscuits a welcome tang. Served them warm for dinner or split and spread them with egg salad for perfect picnic fare.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheese
- 1/3 cup shortening
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and buttermilk. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir in
cheese. Using pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. Add cereal mixture and stir until combined.
3. Turn dough out on lightly floured board and knead gently a few times. Roll out to
1/2 inch in thickness. Cut with floured 1 3/4-inch biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased
4. Bake at 450° F about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.