Cheddar Chicken-Veggie Bake
Shredded chicken and broccoli, a tangy cheese sauce and a crisp cereal topping make a great family one-dish meal
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 package (10 oz., 3 cups) frozen cut broccoli, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 6 oz.)
1. In small saucepan melt 2 teaspoons of the butter. Add cereal. Toss until coated. Remove from pan. Set aside.
2. In same saucepan melt remaining 1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons) butter. Whisk in flour and pepper. Add milk and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring until melted. Stir in corn.
3. In 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish arrange broccoli and chicken. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with cereal mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F about 25 minutes or until heated through and cereal browns.