Tender florets of broccoli simmer in this rich, cheddar cheese soup.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces American cheese, cut into cubes (about 1 cup)
- Keebler® Club® Minis Original crackers Buy Now
1. In large saucepan cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in mustard, salt, pepper, ground red pepper and nutmeg. Add broth and broccoli. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
2. Whisk together milk and flour. Stir into broccoli mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in cheddar cheese and American cheese, a little at a time, until melted. Serve with KEEBLER CLUB Minis Original crackers.