Cheddar Broccoli Corn Bake with Kellogg's Corn Flakes®
This delectable combination of broccoli and corn becomes a family-favorite casserole when you add a creamy Cheddar cheese sauce and a crunchy Kellogg's Corn Flakes® topping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
1. In 2-quart saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in corn and 1/4 cup of crushed cereal.
2. In 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch (2-quart) baking dish coated with cooking spray arrange broccoli. Pour corn mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through.