Pimento and green onions add a festive flair to this creamy cauliflower casserole.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups sliced cauliflower
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 cup sliced green onions
1. Combine the 2 tablespoons melted margarine with KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES
cereal and garlic powder. Set aside for topping.
2. Cook cauliflower in small amount of water, about 10 minutes or
until almost tender. Drain well. Set aside.
3. Dissolve bouillon cube in 3/4 cup water. Set aside.
4. In 3-quart saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup margarine over low heat.
Stir in flour and pepper. Add bouillon and milk, stirring until smooth.
Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat. Stir in pimiento, green onions and cauliflower.
Spoon mixture into 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2-quart) glass baking dish.
Sprinkle cereal mixture evenly over top.
5. Bake at 350° F about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.