Catfish Southern Shores
A spicy, crispy, flavorful alternative to fried catfish. As your fillets bake, this delicious coating seals in the juices to keep them moist and flaky. So good, you just might throw away your frying pan!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound catfish fillets cut into 1-inch strips
1. Combine crushed KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal, salt and spices in shallow dish or pan. Set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine flour and water; stir until smooth. Dip fish in
flour mixture; allow excess to drip off. Coat fish with cereal mixture. Place
in single layer in foil-lined shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until fish flakes. Serve hot.