Take oranges beyond the breakfast table! A little bit sweet and buttery, a little bit tongue tingling, this orange sauce is terrific over crispy-coated, baked chicken pieces.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 split chicken breasts, rinsed and dried
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (10 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained, reserving juice
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (optional)
1. Dip chicken in egg and coat with KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES
cereal. Place in single layer, skin side up, in shallow baking pan
coated with cooking spray or foil lined.
2. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no
longer pink and juices run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken
3. In 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add enough
water to reserved mandarin orange juice to measure 3/4 cup. Stir
into cornstarch mixture along with orange juice concentrate, mixing
until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
boils. Continue cooking and stirring 3 minutes longer. Stir in
margarine and mandarin oranges. Serve hot over hot chicken.