Caraway Onion Brand Loaf
Try this unusual, savory quick bread with creamy potato or tomato soup or as an accompaniment to a tangy Greek salad studded with pungent feta cheese. Serve it toasted, with a touch of fresh creamery butter. Yum!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup skim milk plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
1. Melt margarine in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook over low heat until
tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal
and milk with lemon juice into onions mixture. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal
softens. Add egg. Beat well.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and caraway
seeds. Add cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf
pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near comes out
clean.. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely.