Caramel Popcorn Snack
An absolutely unbeatable treat! Make this tasty snack the next time friends are over ? and watch it disappear! Kids will love the buttery, brown sugar taste, and you'll love the fiber they'll get.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. In large shallow 18 x 12 x 2-inch roasting pan, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, popcorn and raisins. Set aside.
2. In medium saucepan, heat margarine, corn syrup, sugar and salt over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue cooking and stirring five minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir in soda. Quickly pour hot mixture over cereal-popcorn mixture. Stir until thoroughly coated. Spread hot mixture on foil lined baking sheet.
3. Bake at 225° F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.