A scrumptious summer stunner! Make this fruity, chilled pie at the height of summer, when cantaloupe and raspberries are at their very best.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 - 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 1/2 cups very thinly sliced, ripe cantaloupe
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and well-drained
1. Using food processor or electric blender, crush KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal with
dates until mixture resembles fine crumbs. In medium bowl, combine cereal mixture
with flour and salt. Mix in oil until crumbly. Add water gradually, stirring with fork until
mixture will hold shape when pressed against side of bowl. Press evenly and firmly
in bottom and on side of 9 inch pan to form crust. Prick bottom and sides with fork.
2. Bake at 400° F about 12 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool completely.
3. Measure cornstarch into medium saucepan. Add about 1/2 cup apricot nectar,
stirring until smooth. Stir in remaining nectar and lemon peel. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute
longer. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
3. Fold in cantaloupe. Gently fold in raspberries. Fill pie shell. Chill at least 3 hours.
Serve garnished with whipped topping, if desired.