Cajun Cabbage Casserole
Recipe submitted by: Korri Saget.
This recipe was submitted by a MorningStar Farms® fan. MorningStar Farms® brand does not test or endorse any of the recipes submitted by fans.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked long grain rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp white or black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large skillet, cook green bell pepper, onion and garlic until soft. Add crumbles, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, rice and seasonings and cook according to package directions. Spread into an non-greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with cabbage leaves and cover with shredded cheese. Cover dish and bake for 60-65 minutes or until the cabbage is cooked.
Top with a sour cream/vegan sour cream if desired.