Buttery Apple Tart
Serve this fall-fresh, homey dessert topped with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt....
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 cups sliced, peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
1. In medium-size mixing bowl, combine crushed cereal, flour, and salt. With
pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add
milk, stirring until well combined. Using small amount of additional flour,
roll half of pastry to fit 9-inch quiche dish or round cake pan. Place pastry
in bottom and on sides of dish. Set aside.
2. Combine apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Place in pastry crust. Set aside. Roll out remaining dough on lightly-floured
surface to fit tart. Place over apples. Prick crust with fork 4 times.
Decorate with pastry scraps, if desired.
3. Bake at 375° F about 45 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Remove from oven. Glaze with mixture of powdered sugar and water. Serve warm or cold.