Buttermilk Pan Bread
Buttermilk lends a pleasing tang to this simple quick bread. Enriched with a full cup of All-Bran® cereal, this is one quick bread that's worth the effort. Perfect for Sunday brunch or afternoon tea.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and buttermilk. Let
stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening. Beat well.
Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking
pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 425° F about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Cut into squares and serve immediately.