Broccoli and Tomato Pizza Bites
Cheesy little pizza crusts are topped with fresh tomatoes, fresh broccoli and mozzarella cheese. They make great party appetizers for both adults and children.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 thin slices plum tomatoes, quartered (about 1 large tomato)
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 oz.)
1. In large bowl stir together flour, cereal, Parmesan cheese, oregano and pepper. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing with hands until dough just clings together. (If necessary add 1 to 2 teaspoons additional water.)
2. Shape mixture into eighteen 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. With fingers flatten each ball into 2 1/4-inch circle. Bake at 375° F for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
3. Top crusts with tomato pieces, broccoli and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375° F about 7 minutes more or until cheese melts and edges are light brown.