This fabulous casserole is the perfect Sunday-brunch dish to serve to your weekend guests. Round off your meal with a fresh fruit salad and a sparkling champagne-and-orange juice cocktail for an elegant touch.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 8 oz. turkey breakfast sausage
- 4 oz. can mushrooms
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup American cheese
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
1.Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Lightly spray 2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
3. In medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage. Drain.
4. Return sausage to skillet. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
6. Add eggs and cook until just done.
7. Stir in sausage mixture. Set aside.
8. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
9. Add flour and stir 1 minute.
10. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick.
11. Add cheese and continue to cook over medium-high heat additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
12. Stir cheese and ¼ cup KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal into eggs.
13. Pour eggs into prepared dish.
14. Sprinkle eggs evenly with remaining cereal.
15. Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.