Bran Sugar Cookies
Destined to become Santa's favorite (and the Easter Bunny's, too!). These pretty cookies are rolled in sparkly, crystallized turbinado sugar for a festive look. To change their "style," substitute colored sugar crystals ? we like pink for Valentine's day and lavender for Easter. What's your favorite?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1. Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixer bowl, on medium speed, beat together margarine, granulated sugar and egg whites until well combined. Mix in vanilla, milk and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. On low speed, mix in flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Drop by level tablespoon into turbinado sugar, rolling to coat completely. Place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 375° F about 8 minutes or until light brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 4 dozen (48) cookies
Roll dough in granulated sugar or mixture of 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, in place of turbinado sugar.