Bran Pumpkin Muffins
These little gems are perfect for an early autumn picnic - they're just the right accompaniment to a cup of fresh apple cider or hot chocolate. Studded with plump raisins and richly flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg, their intoxicating scent will remind you what you love about the fall
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup canned, mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1. Stir together flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine
pumpkin. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil.
Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve
2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
4. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.