Bran Cheese Straws
These easy-cheesy pastries are perfect for a party or as an accompaniment to minestrone or creamy tomato soup. With parmesan cheese and dried oregano, they offer a savory flavor kick that's sure to become a family favorite.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
1. In large bowl, combine flour, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, salt, oregano and
1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Using pasty blender, cut in margarine until mixture
resembles coarse meal. Mix in skim milk. Shape dough into 3 x 1-inch rolls. Place on
baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
2. Bake at 400° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking
sheet and cool on wire racks. Serve warm or cooled. Store in airtight container.