Bran Casserole Bread
This nutty, satisfying yeast bread is sweetened with molasses for a rich taste and golden color. To serve, slice the round loaf into wedges while warm and spread with butter and jam.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 115°F)
- 2 eggs
- 6 to 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In medium saucepan, mix water, milk, molasses, margarine, sugar and salt. Heat
until margarine melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in KELLOGG'S
ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand until lukewarm.
2. In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until yeast
dissolves. Add cereal mixture and eggs. Beat well. Gradually add enough flour to
make soft dough. Turn out onto floured surface and knead 10 minutes, until smooth.
Place in clean, large mixing bowl coated with cooking spray. Coat surface with
cooking spray. Cover and let rise in warm place 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled in
3. Punch down dough. Shape into 2 round loaves and place in 2 round 1 1/2-quart
casseroles dishes coated with cooking spray. With a sharp knife, cut an "x" into top
of each loaf, cutting 1/2 inch deep. Cover and let rise in warm place 1 hour or until
loaf is slightly higher than top of casseroles.
4. Bake in 375° F oven 45 minutes or until done. Remove and cool completely on wire