Bran Buds Crunchies
Yummy and fun! These crispy cookies are the All-Bran® cereal answer to snickerdoodles. So pour yourself a glass of milk and sit down to the perfect after-school (or after-work) snack. You'll feel like a kid again!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil or softened shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 egg, well-beaten
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Stir together flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat oil, the 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs until thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture together with KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal. Mix well. Using level tablespoon, portion and shape dough into balls. Roll balls in mixture of the remaining 2 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Place on ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten with tines of fork.
3. Bake at 400° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 4 dozen (48) cookies