Bran Bread with Raisins
Some days, you need a reason to get out of bed. This gorgeous raisin and walnut bread is calling your name. It's sweet, dark and exceptionally moist. And with 13% of your fiber RDA and 10% of your iron RDA, there's no reason to resist temptation!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups very hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar. Set aside.
2. Measure KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, raisins and shortening into large mixing
bowl. Add water, stirring until shortening is melted. Add egg, vanilla and nuts. Beat
well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch
loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.