Bran Banana Bread
This classic quick bread makes a perfect on-the go-breakfast or a tasty anytime snack. Its clean banana taste, punctuated by the earthy bite of walnuts, is sure to please the whole family. But don't take our word for it – with only a 20-minute prep time, you can try a loaf today!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together oil and sugar. Add egg. Beat well. Stir in bananas, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, vanilla and nuts. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray and lined with waxed paper in the bottom.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.