Bozochuelos-Pan de Huevo
These gorgeous little yeast buns are sweet and lovely - a wonderful addition to your next summer picnic. With a touch of fiber from All-Bran® cereal, this is the recipe you'll return to again and again. A perfect accompaniment to roast chicken and cool potato salad.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 45 minutes
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115°F)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
1. In large mixing bowl, soften yeast in warm water for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons
of the sugar and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth.
2. Cover and let rise in warm place (80° - 85°F) until double in bulk and light and
3. Combine remaining sugar, shortening, eggs, salt, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal
and remaining flour until smooth. Add to yeast mixture and mix thoroughly. Turn out
on lightly floured board and knead until smooth and satiny, about 5 minutes. Place
dough in large bowl coated with cooking spray. Spray surface with cooking spray.
Cover and let rise in warm place (80° - 85°F) until double in bulk, about 2 hours.
4. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board. Portion and shape into bizcochuelos or
small buns. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray, about 2 inches apart.
Let rise again in warm place until double in bulk.
5. Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.