Blueberry Coffee Cake
20 minutesTotal Time:
1 hours 10 minutesServings:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups Ready-To-Eat Cereal Smart Start® Antioxidants
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup refrigerated egg substitute*
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
1. In small bowl stir together 1 cup flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S SMART START ANTIOXIDANT cereal and buttermilk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens slightly. Add egg substitute, oil and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Spread in 9-inch round baking pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle blueberries and pecans (if desired) over batter. In small bowl combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over berries.
4. Bake at 350°F about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool about 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
*Note: if desired, substitute 1 slightly beaten egg or 2 slightly beaten egg whites for the egg substitute.