Blackberry Streusel Bars
These yummy, triple-layered fruit bars are cinnamon-flavored and bursting with the rich, summery flavor of plump blackberries. The bars are topped with crunchy streusel and a pretty sprinkling of powdered sugar for just the right touch of sweetness. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a gorgeous dessert, or enjoy them on their own as a tasty treat any time of day.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, cold
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flour, brown
sugar, salt and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water. Mixture will be crumbly. Remove 1 cup
mixture and set aside for topping. With back of spoon, press remaining mixture
into bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Spread blackberry spreadable fruit evenly over cereal mixture in bottom of pan.
Sprinkle with reserved topping.
3. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Dust
lightly with powdered sugar before serving.