Berry Patch Tea Cake
Berry-licious! These simple tea cakes, which you can throw together in just 15 minutes with the help of a biscuit mix, are bursting with the fresh taste of fruit. As pretty as they are yummy, they feature a layer of cake, a layer of berry preserves (you choose the flavor) and a crunchy cereal topping. They taste just as great for dessert as they do for breakfast. Yum!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves
1. Place KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Flakes cereal in small bowl. Toss lightly with cinnamon and butter. Set aside.
2. Measure biscuit mix, sugar, shortening, egg, milk, and vanilla into mixing bowl; beat about 1 minute or until well mixed. Pour into greased 9-inch round baking pan. Dot preserves over batter. Sprinkle cereal mixture over preserves. Cut through topping into batter at regular intervals to give a marbleized appearance.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into wedges to serve.